CLTD certification develops the knowledge and skills needed to meet today’s supply chain logistics management challenges. The CLTD designation introduces you to best business practices and trends in logistics, transportation and distribution worldwide.
Training in Transportation, Logistics & Distribution Management
About CLTD Certification
The CLTD program sets the standard for logistics certification.
As a CLTD designee, you will stand out from your peers, and demonstrate a commitment to advancing both your career and your company’s operations.
Education APICS CLTD is essential if:
- You are looking to increase your knowledge and expertise in supply chain management, particularly in the areas of customer relationship, international trade, information technology, physics and logistics
- You wish to facilitate functions within your supply chain or work with ERP systems, to develop a common standard of comprehension, vocabulary, resources and train executives to meet your challenges and supply chain opportunities.
Important Information: To earn your APICS CLTD designation, you must pass one comprehensive exam. Prior to taking the exam, you must be eligible. Eligibility applications must be received two weeks prior to the day you register for the exam.Sending your eligibility application is free and easy.
- Discuss and clarify difficult topics in the classroom forum
- Take advantage of company or employee tuition reimbursement programs
- Learn from instructors and colleagues who have a variety of industry experiences to share
- Stay on track with weekly assignments
What’s included on the training sections?
The program CLTD provides employees with the understanding to evaluate logistic, transportation and distribution activities within an organization’s global operations by improving efficiency, maximizing technology ROI and streamlining operations to address today’s supply chain logistics challenges
The learning system CLTD:
- Integrates best practices in daily functions of logistics professionals
- Maximizes efficiency in transport and distribution
- Enables you to understand best practices, techniques and technologies needed to maximize efficiency within your organization and impact on the bottom line
- Comes in three options; self-directed learning, instructor-led, group or business (Instructor courses are offered through the APICS network of local partners).
Exam content is developed according to the test outline included in the CLTD Exam Content Manual and validated by world experts.
The exam questions are monitored through a rigorous psychometric calibration and cross-referenced to industry-approved source material.
A job task analysis study is conducted every 3-5 years to ensure the relevance of content.
Study methods and guides:
- Online study
- Classroom study options
- Exam Content Manual (ECM)
- CLTD Learning System
- Courseware materials
- Online content and quizzes
- APICS Dictionary
For information on the APICS CLTD exam and testing procedures in North America, download the North American APICS CLTD Certification Bulletin. It provides the latest facts, requirements, and changes that impact your exams.
The CLTD designation will help you:
- Master the essential knowledge needed for the logistics, transportation and distribution industry
- Expand your outlook on the logistics field and enable you to bring new ideas to your organization
- Remain current with global logistics trends and developments
- Boost your confidence with recognition as a logistics expert
- Reduce costs and impact your organization’s bottom line
To be eligible for the APICS CLTD designation, you must have:
- 3 years of related business experience or
- Bachelor’s degree or the international equivalent
CLTD The program consists of eight modules with a review that considers critical areas in logistics, transport and distribution roles and manager’s related responsabilities.
To earn the CLTD certification, you must master each of the following:
Module 1: Logistics and Supply Chain Overview
Module 2: Capacity Planning and Demand Management
Module 3: Order Management
Module 4: Inventory and Warehouse Management
Module 5: Transportation
Module 6: Global Logistics Considerations
Module 7: Logistics Network Design
Module 8: Reverse Logistics and Sustainability
- Class: 1 975$
- Class + Exam: 2 570$
- Exam: 475$US
- Class: 2 345$
- Class + Exam: 3 160$
- Exam: 625$US
Recovery Costs: 250$US
*To be qualified to retake an exam, you must have done CLTD test regardless of the result. Please, note that we can request additional costs for rescheduling or cancelling exam dates.
The APICS CLTD exam is administered through an independent service provider and expert in providing knowledge measurement services. To learn more about the process for your APICS CLTD exam registration, click here.
Please note that the location and schedule could be updated. For the final version, please refer to the registration confirmation email.
To optimize your exam experience:
- The scheduling deadline for all computer-based exams is two business days before the exam date.
- We encourage you to schedule your exam as early as possible to increase the chance of reserving your preferred exam date.
- You are not permitted to reschedule within two business days of the exam
- Any cancellations within 24 hours of the exam result in a forfeiture of fees.
For further information regarding the CLTD Certification, click here.
All candidates need to apply for eligibility before taking the APICS CLTD exam. You must obtain eligibility before scheduling your APICS CLTD CBT exam. This can take approximately two weeks. For more information or to complete the form please visit: this link.
For additional information, please contact Mme. Huguette Leblanc by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (438) 391-8311. Please note that you must confirm your attendance to the training sessions prior to the starting date.